Hi

Am running 9.10, with the latest available kernel.

r...@ram-laptop:~$ uname -a
Linux ram-laptop 2.6.31-16-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 3 22:00:22
UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

The problem seems to have cropped up today while trying to figure out
why the network manager is not working

I uninstalled the network-manager and the gnome-network-manager tools
and installed wicd (which lets me connect to the net)

After this uninstalltion the mouse / touch pad functions have become
semi-dysfunctional.

I can move the cursor around - BUT i cannot select anything or engage
anything - left click does not work.

Its pretty tiresome to navigate around and so stuff.

Any idea what the problem is

it was not there by default or after i updated my kernal 2 days back,
and seems to have appeared only today morning.

So any ideas whats wrong.

thanks

ram