Hi

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Dibyajyoti Mohapatra
<dib...@vubites.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Did you guys meet on Sunday?
>
> It will be better if you could post a brief summary about the same.

Yes
Narender has provided a summary
the people who came are - Narendra, Satyakam, Bryan, Mark and Mr KP Reddy.

Dilli Haat was a total wash out as a venue and if other folk were
there for the meeting it would have taken a great deal of luck to find
the others amongst the swirling and ever swelling crowds. Luckily
Bryan was wearing an Ubuntu T shirt and that helped some of coalesce.

Mark is a newcomer to foss and wanted to understand what made people
devote time to FOSS and Ubuntu etc. Hope he got enthused with the foss
philosophy. A second question he had was about how people make money
using FOSS, again hopefully he has learnt more about this angle.

We discussed ways of getting Linux to be more common knowledge. the
calendar being one of the ideas. A theme suggestion for the calendar
was to show 12 organizations (NPO ? NGO's maybe) that use FOSS.

We also spoke about the Open Street Maps
(http://www.openstreetmap.org) and their mapping initiative.

Also spoke about other organizations that are promoting foss through
use of technology for specific purposes.

Check out
http://www.tacticaltech.org/

http://ngoinabox.org/

http://cis-india.org/advocacy/others/maps-for-making-change-kicks-off-and-you-can-get-involved

**
in retrospect i think a quieter venue and maybe a predertimed exact
meeting point (& time) and lapel pins, linux sumbols etc would make it
easier for strangers to meet up. For venue all i can say is blame it
on the delhi wallahs for not telling us that Dilli Haat is a rotten
place to meet.

***
I t was good to meet up and having two folks who are non foss people ,
i think, allowed us to be clearer on what we wanted to express.

ram