Hi,

I'm looking to discuss and find an answer to a peculiar problem I seem to have
on my desktop. I own a 2004-vintage Intel P4, 512MB ram, 40GB hard drive
machine. I switched it to Ubuntu around a year back when I first started using
Ubuntu. At the time, I was using a regular CRT monitor and when I installed
Ubuntu it set the resolution to 800x600. After some tinkering I managed to get
it to 1024x768 (unfortunately I now forget how I managed that). However, a few
months later I had to relocate my office, and in the course of shifting the CRT
VGA monitor, it met its end. As a replacement I bought an Acer 15 inches x153W
LCD monitor.

The trouble is that now Ubuntu does not allow me to change or set the
resolution any higher than the 1024x768. I know the monitor is capable of
handling 1280x1024, but I have been unable to figure out how to get it to
perform at this level. In the mean time, I also upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 -
everything on the system works fantastically well except for the inability to
reset the monitor resolution to my liking.

Could someone please help? Thanks in anticipation!

Regards,
Dhruv

+91-9820778755
dhruvtan...@yahoo.com