>Not talking about a problem doesn't make it go away. And I rather see
>15 mails figuring out how to improve what we have rather than sticking
>my head in sand

>ram
Hi ram,
There are lots of unethical stuffs which education can help to curb,but at the
same time education create menaces, like comp viruses ,which are created by
some of the best minds.So just teaching them won't do.
Spams also belong to this category.
Its great to discuss the methods to stop spams but at some point of time we
need to implement those discussions and methods to create a user friendly
place.There will always be some absent minded and immature persons to leak out
the mailing list id to someone ( especially social networking websites ).
I hope you have got my point.
Users deliberately or mistakenly give ubuntu India mailing list id to social
networking websites like LinkedIn which creates a lot of junk mails in our
folders,if in any way we have a mechanism to identify these type of mails and
delete them there will be neither spams nor the discussions on spams.
I think there is no automated stuff to moderate, and it will be a huge task for
the maintainers of this mailing list to moderate each and every mail, so as a
member we have to do this ( "delete spams and move forward" ) at our level so I
just put forward one of the ways to combat spams.
Ya I know this isn't a great method but until and unless we don't have some
automatic stuff, do we have any other solution?

shankhs
http://shankhs4u.blogspot.com

http://in.yahoo.com/