hey guys

thanks 4 all ur support. i am new to ubuntu and i have installed ubuntu karmic
in my desktop which has  P4 2.4 Ghz processor and 1 GB RAM. I have VLC
installed in ubuntu. Whenever i play any mp3 file or any movie in vlc or any
other player it plays fine for the first 2-3 mins and then the audio device
stops and then my computer becomes very slow and finally it hangs.then i have
to restart the machine all over again.why is it happening and what is the
solution. i have dual boot - windows xp on 1 hdd and ubuntu on another hdd.i
have audoi files on both hdd.

saurav