Everone,

Thanks much for all the help -- luckily it works on my work connection so
managed to get what I needed - getting the key from the web connection /
sshed into another server seemed to make a lot of sense though -- shall keep
it in mind for the future.

Fyi, I use an isp called Spearhead .. their speeds are decent, but all sorts
of weirdness like this ..

thanks again folks,
Sanjay
(sorry for top post)