On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Mehdi <akri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> May I ask you that I should make any Partition for the
>> /boot
>> swap
>
> Or just
>
>>Linux
>>Swap
>
> Is enough.?!1

at a crunch yes but Why ??
if you are going to repartition might as well make your system better
situated for future OS upgrades etc

if you have just one partition for LInux OS then you cannot really do
much in future - Upgrading to a new system without an independent root
means you risk losing data that is on your home (equivalent of my
computer on wincedows)

a separate boot (which is only about 100 MB) allows for flexibility in
boot up management and again sometimes if some thing goes wrong this
is the only section you need to worry about.

recovery of data (in the possibility of a crash becomes hard) esp if
you don;t have a separate home

For the past few years i have had my home on a separate partition
(within extended) and have changed my distribtion version every 6
months so my home has remained the same - my data and configuration
files have remained and i have pgraded to the latest OS very easily
with no worry about losing data ot even as importantly some important
config files / preferences.

> did you have any problem when you install the linux on the Extend
> Partition??

No problems - am repeating what i said earlier my own system is on extended

ram