> Is there a way that  i can find and stop unnecessary apps from starting at
> login time

There should definitely be some changes there that you can just remove
depending on what you use.   No bluetooth remove that, No prop. drivers
remove check for hardware drivers, don't use evolution uninstall it, not a
laptop - remove power manager, not using remote desktop - remove it,
update manager, user folder update - remove

Also, I would remove the trash applet and any other applets in the panel you
don't use.

To monitor your progress, I suggest bootchart <apt:bootchart>, it will make
graphs of boot in /var/log/bootchart.

Enjoy,
Bryan