On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> replies inline
>
> 2010/3/24 Mallikarjun <mallik.v.ar...@gmail.com>:
>> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Need to get two laptops, Linux Compatible, reliable and with the basic
>>> features in the 20 K to 25 K range.
>>
>> You mean GNU/linux compatible or GNU/linux preinstalled?
>>
> Linux compatible, will install my flavour after getting it, unless
> there is a difference in price, in which case i can take even an
> unformatted hd :-)

I am quiet certain that there is a cost difference but not a huge margin.

But the thing is, Y should one has to pay for the operating system
which he/she is quiet sure not going to use it? hence I guess Linux
pre-installed is more of open way

Unformatted boxes are seldom sold, as the profit margin is less for the vendors.