On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Is unplugging computers from the net a reasonable measure against
> cyber spying.  The minister says that gaping holes exist in the cyber
> secuity systems. This leads to the obvious question that if security
> agencies find it hard to keep their data / information safe then how
> safe is the data concerning the common person, that by the very nature
> of its use has to be kept online (reference the grandiose UID pipe
> dream)
>
> ram

I would strongly say, we lost the Cyber-war  and we will continue to loose
despite the fact that many countries investing millions of $. Sole reason
being, "Black hats can find just one hole to exploit, but White hats need to
guard whole set of thousands of holes present in many applications,
Operating system services, Kernel, so on and so forth. Adobe and M$
applications are most vulnerable...."

The only chance we have is to revamp the entire web, start from ground
zero..... :P

 ubuntu-in mailing list