On 4/23/2010 9:29 PM, chaitanya ambaselkar wrote:
> I did find out from the sent folders that spams were sent to many
> other addresses in the contacts. Searched a bit and found out that
> there are speculations about google's password system being cracked.
> There are some other people around who have been victims like me. One
> person from canada had his account used to send spams to more than 500
> of his contacts. I was not that unfortunate. Only around 15 spams were
> sent.
> I have changed the password but I am still bit wary of using the
> account. If the same persists with the account I would like
> administrators to delete them.
> And I completely understand your reactions myself being a system
> administrator and moderator on certain forums of Linux.

Chaitanya,

You can use Google accounts SMS password recovery.
This is something nice since I find mobile to be more secure than
password. Someone can install a key logger and steal your password and
even the secondary email address.
For account recovery via sms, the cracker has to get hold of your mobile
physically which makes this SMS recovery more reliable.
http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=152124

--
Manish Sinha