I think it was not moderated on devel list :(
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: narendra sisodiya <naren...@narendrasisodiya.com>
Date: Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:56 AM
Subject: How to change/create the plymouth theme and other customization
To: ubuntu-de...@lists.ubuntu.com

In Karmic,

A - When Ubuntu boot, we see gurb2 background screen.
B - After that we see Ubuntu logo
C - After that their is a splash screen
D - After that their is a Login Screen
E  - After that again there again same splash screen for a while
F  - After that I see wallpaper and Desktop.

I was able to customize everything in karmic. but in Lucid those command
lines script are not working.

In Lucid i am unable to customize part C, E.
Also how to disable logo, part B.

Basically i need to do it in making a custom Distro for school.

One more question, The beta version of my custom Live DVD is on Karmic. I am
great confusion that whether i should use Lucid or not.
These LiveDVDs will be mass-produced and distributed in India.
I am worry about the bugs in lucid. Karmic problems are known and easily
found on web. Lucid is very new.

Do share your experience. I am stuck at theming part. I have to include the
image provided by educational dept.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )

--