On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Rtr.Atreya Roy Chowdhury
<atreya.chowdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello all;
> i have got an odd-one..
> i am presently using gimp2.6 but whenever i click on the rectangular select
> or any other select tool or use shortcut keys..it crashes...i have tried
> complete removal and re-installation of the software..
> am into graphic designing so this is starting to hurt a lot.. :(
> am using ubuntu10.04, and also have KDE, Openbox, and Unity in my system
> and do forgive my ignorance...am a pretty noob in this fields...

Try launching gimp from terminal (Applications -> Accessories ->
Terminal). When it crashes check if anything is printed on terminal.
This sounds more like partial/broken upgrade or not all updates are
installed. The error that appears on terminal should help determine
the problem.

Onkar