Dear brothers and sisters,
namaskar.
I went in the properties of the file and it was written there==-

"Name- avseq01.dat

Type- dat document (application/x-extension-dat)"

IT was not playing video before updating also. I thought when i will
download all updates then video will play. But still not playing. I
have movie player which comes with live CD of ubuntu 9.10

I don't know all coedecs are installed or not related with video. I
just downloaded all updates. If i have to download something else then
pls guide me.

waiting...
suranjan