On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Narendra Diwate
<narendra.diw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:38, Onkar Shinde <onkarshi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Both zsync and jigdo have worked well for me. Desktop images can not
>> be downloaded using jigdo.
>
> @Onkar: Thanks
> i just tried zsync and it seems to work. It showed that i need to download
> 32% of the iso. How do i use jigdo? Do i need to uncompress the iso?

1. You first need to mount existing ISO (Alternate ISO only).
sudo mount -o loop /path/to/alternate.iso /mount/dir
2. Then use jigdo to download appropriate metadata.
jigdo-lite http://url/to/alternate.jigdo
3. When asked about which directories to scan specify /mount/dir first
and then /var/cache/apt/archives. This way jigdo will pick up most
packages from existing ISO as well as apt cache.
4. In the end remaining packages will be downloaded from mirror.
5. If for some reason some of the packages are not available on mirror
(in my case about 70 packages), rename the .iso.tmp file to .iso and
then use torrent to finish the download.

Hope this helps.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.