On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> was interested in knowing of decent multi brand computer stores in
> chennai (kind of the all in one stores) that have good displays, allow
> folks to browse through stuff and are customer friendly, esp towards
> older / senior citizen customers.
>
> Now - a -days every one is an authorized dealer of some sort and
> mostly they seem like fly by night cut your throat kinds who seem to
> think that todays sale is the last they will make.
>
> Would appreciate such info

I dont know any in Chennai, but here in Hyderabad there are few if any.
Brand specific yes, but multibrand very few. In either case most outlets
stock just a couple brands may be of the expensive stuff like Computers. The
rest like components or accessories will be of many brands.

The way i do it, just do your research on the internet on what you need,
shortlist a few and then go bargain hunting. In any case the specs of a PC
are more important than the looks or feel of it, atleast to me.