On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 17:11 +0530, Narendra Diwate wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         Why is Linux so good
>
>         well just check out the article below regarding locate
>         &mlocate
>
>         its quite awesome
>
>         try and use it - i think its going to be a useful command for
>         all
<snip>

> Thanks Ram. Interesting post. Would appreciate if all of us can post
> such things or at least the links. There is a lot that these can teach
> us.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but instead of allowing discussion
on the article Ram posted to die down, I thought let's use the
opportunity to create a thread of useful information and links we know
which can be put on the redesigned ubuntu-in site. That might make a
small dent in the lack of content problem for the website. :) So here
goes:

I was recently reading up on Linux for an assistant system
administration position and these[1][2][3][4][5] were very useful to me.
Others I bookmarked but didn't have time to read.[6][7]

[1] Linux Boot Process ->
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-linuxboot/?ca=dgr-lnxw16LinuxBoot

[2] Linux Professional Institute Certification self-study material,
please follow the links within the link
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/tutorials/l-lpic1101/index.html

[3] Newer but incomplete versions of the above
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-lpic1-v3-map/

[4] Unix Tips and Tricks is a 4 part series, linking to the first part,
use the "More content in this series" link
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/tutorials/au-unixtips1/index.html

[5] vi cheatsheet tutorial
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/tutorials/l-vi/index.html

[6] Living with emacs
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/tutorials/l-emacs/index.html

[7] Hardening the Linux desktop
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/tutorials/l-harden-desktop/index.html

Sorry for the long mail. Anyone else planning to contribute please also
provide some kind of description for the links/articles and
categorization in Beginner, Introductory, Advanced. The links I posted
above are already categorized by IBM on the said pages.

Regards,
Easwar