On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Ritesh Sinha
<ritesh.kumar.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The standard version. Atom is x86.
>>>

>> thanks
>>
>> got it installed and am sending the mail from there
>
> Congratulations! Some atoms support 64 bits too. So you can definitely
> install x86_64 if you like. Not really much of a performance gain or
> anything but you could just for fun.
>
> # cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep lm
>
> If you have an lm flag it supports 64 bits.

Previously I would have suggested lpia images. But the support for
lpia was stopped in Lucid itself. Apparently there aren't much
advantages to maintaining a separate architecture. And Canonical is
concentrating more on ARM now.
So x86 is the way to go.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.