On 01/26/2011 06:52 PM, Ganesan Venkata Subramanian wrote:
Hello All

It is observed in the ML that every body is using the term LINUX instead of GNU/LINUX. Its should be corrected because GNU represents the GNU utils running over the LINUX Kernel. So we should attribute our credit to both the parts which makes such a beautiful OS. Hope this will be followed.

This has always been a huge debate.
I think I should start referring it as GNU/X/Compiz/Gnome/Linux instead of Linux.

This old age discussion is fruitless. There are more important things to be done than debating what term to use. Everyone who cares already knows that Linux contains a lot of GNU software. Those who don't care, will well never care.

--
Manish