Although not appropriate but Linux Mint has better option as far as the updates are concerned. It categorizes the updates which are core and necessary. You can always discard the updates you don't need (which are numbered as 4,5 and 6) and come lower down; indeed most of them are not even required. If it is critical update, it is labeled as 1.

Thats one of the main reasons why I shifted to Mint. Truly, it is what Ubuntu should actually aim for.