> On the face of it, BOSS Linux is a good project, and
> if they achieve even part of what they claim to be
> doing that will be a significant achievement. Having
> said that, I have very strong reservations about how
> CDAC, and to a somewhat lesser extent, other governmental
> organisations in India, such as NRC-FOSS, relate to
> the FOSS community. IMHO, they are still in the cathedral
> model, with themselves as the centre, and have little
> appreciation of how FOSS works. E.g., BOSS Linux pulls
> happily from Debian, but contributes nothing back, at
> least when I last looked. You could say that is how
> government in India works, but to my mind that mode of
> functioning is exactly the problem.

yes it  becomes much more murkier , is there a way to tap into these sources
of funding and use it the way we want it . Yes there is no guarantee that
this org or initiative will not land up in the same state for worse or good
, it very easy pointing fingers and saying holier than though attitude. Do
you see a way out shall we just ignore these thought process.

As stereotactic mentions, the goal should be to find and
> fix issues with Indian participation in FOSS projects,
> rather than to try to find problems with existing work.
> Personally, I no longer see much potential in the
> community trying to engage with the government: We need
> to make things work on our own.

ok i get the answer here , but how? form one more org ?

-Satya