Some time back i had posted the not so nice results of chkrootkit

and found this suspicious programme listening in on port 4000 it was
called beagled and i thought it was some sarcastic malware type having
fun alike saying you "screxxd or your beagled"

so i found no solution to it and use to kill the beagled sessions every day

today i just ran man beagled and this is what i found

"NAME
       beagled - the Beagle desktop search daemon"

so it seems either beagled is doing something nasty or i got a false positive

**
top posting in case people are interested, my orignal mail is below

regards
ram