On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Narendra Diwate
<narendra.diw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I installed Ubuntu 11.04 i386 on my desktop recently, the system
> launched with Ubuntu Classic rather than Unity interface saying my system
> does not support it. I have a Desktop with AMD Athlon 64bit X2 3600
> processor, 2GB RAM, and Nvidia GeForce 6100 graphics card and use a 15" CRT
> monitor.
>
> Is this config not OK for Unity? What is the minimum required hardware
> config? Any links where this can be found?

Try additional drivers under System. It will detect the necessary
driver for your card.
Those drivers are proprietary, just for your information.

Then after installing, restart your system and try to login as usual.
Unity should start.

In case you are not able to find "Additional drivers". Start
jockey-gtk from command line.

--
Manish Sinha