Hi,
Please help me to fine my file in ubuntu 11.04. I am updating my laptop from
ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10. but during update process when ubuntu instailing
process begin, during installation of new file, my laptop going to switch
off beacause power falior. after that i am trying to start my laptop. it not
start. then i write a bootable disk of ubuntu 11.10 from other computer.
when I boot my laptop from bootable pen drive and trying to copy my file in
external hard disk. them my file not open in sub folder ( ex- in
home-shashi-document- my file) document, photos, videos, downloads folder
open. but sub folder I have created in these basic folder of ubntu are not
open by live boot from pen drive. Its gives error message ' permission
denied'

plz help to copy my files in external hard driv e.

Thanks
Shashi