Good start as you say is freemind

I do use it a bit and have found that its good for planning a document
rather than an event (if you get the drift). Its also good for outlines of
events but not good for subsets or allocation of responsibilities

Have been trying too for a "simple" planning software , tool too

seems like there still is not anything as good as pen and paper and a
decent discussion (repeated at that)

So will be interested when you do come across a solution.

ram

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone suggest any general planning software (not project
> planning) that can be used to plan activities/events etc or just to
> write down all the aspects related to it in a understandable manner?
> For now I am more interested in putting an idea on paper with as much
> details as possible to check feasibility of the idea.
> I have never used any mind mapping tools (such as freemind). I don't
> know if it helps with planning stuff. Let me know if you have
> experience with it.
>

> Regards,
> Onkar
> --
> Passion - Some people climb mountains - others write Free software.
> Don't ask why - the reason is the same.

Ram