Hi

+1 to what Alok Says

more below

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM, sandeep kumar <tony_...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I have a problem in mounting my 8 gb pendrive in Ubuntu 10.10 - the
> Maverick Meerkat .
> i'm using transmissson and have set my 8GB pendrive to download torrents
> and it has 4.5 gb of empty space
> {means  torrent is small and pendrive ha enough free space}
>
> error is as follows
> Unable to mount 8.1GB filesystem
> Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 16: Mount is denied because
> the NTFS volume is already exclusively opened.
> The volume may be already mounted, or another software may use it which
> could be identified for example by the help of the 'fuser' command.

Am wondering why your error message throughs up NTFS - did you by chance
format your pen drive to NTFS ?

Check you pendrive formatting from gparted -   (install from Ubuntu
Soiftware centre or  terminal sudo apt-get install gparted)

Its possible you may find out whats happening using this tool.

ram

--
Ram