On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi

> The question is  - can i import this database into an offline software to
> know what kind of data exists (if at all)

- Install mysql on your local machine.
- Import the backup into mysql database
- Install mysql-admin(don't confuse with mysqladmin, mysql-admin is a
GUI tool to administer MySQL databases), if you aren't comfortable
handling mysql-client from CLI.

> the file is named something like this eurofoo_drp2.sql (eurofoo_drp2.zip is
> the compressed version)

I usually prefer to have it in gzip or bzip2 format so I can run it
through zcat or bzcat. I'm not sure if there's any such tool for zip
files.
zcat eurofoo_drp2.sql.gz | mysql -u <user> -p <database>

--
With Regards,
Mehul Ved