For quite a while I have been thinking about a Low Powered Desktop computer
that is small in size, uses very low power, ideally Fanless and does not
cost much.

I don't want one that has to run a Full Fledged Heavy Desktop OS, nor one
that is Bulky/consumes more power. I reckoned a VIA or ARM processor based
machine should be good. Sometime later I heard of the Rasperry Pi. These
machines are Diskless, boot from Compact flash cards, Fanless low power
units that consume around 8-12 W of power. They should of course run Linux
(Any Distro).

Any idea how much they cost and where in india are such available. One can
get an assembled Atom based PC for about 10 K with a CRT monitor, so
anything less or around that is good.

Regards

Narendra Diwate