On Tuesday 12 December 2006 00:01, Malcolm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 12/11/06, Sridhar Dhanapalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > For some reason, certain GTK+ packages such as xfce-mcs-plugins have
> > strings like "Button Label|Display". This is an error which will be
> > displayed verbatim in the application(s) concerned. The solution is to
> > remove the prefix "Button Label|" from your translated version.
>
> The reason for doing this is explained in the gettext manual:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_chapter/gettext_10.html#SEC

That's fine, but IMHO Rosetta should be smart enough to know this and not
present an opportunity for end users to see "Button Label|<string>" strings
all over their applications. Translators should not have to think about these
things.

--
"... we don't believe that "security by obfuscation" is really security. By
that I mean if you have a security hole and you "hope" someone doesn't find