On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 10:24 +1000, Robert Stoffers wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 00:21 +0100, Jane Silber wrote:
> > Doc Team, Marketing Team -
> >
> > Can we start a discussion about some of the overlapping efforts? I agree
> > that duplication of efforts is unfortunate. There is so much to be done
> > that it seems we should be able to agree on some basic scoping for
> > various teams to avoid the duplication.

Please let's not let this get out of proportion! I posted on the
marketing team forum the other day and got a more than reasonable
response which convinced me that there is really no overlapping efforts.
It was made clear that the marketing team is looking into writing some
material which is not in fact documentation, rather than duplicate work
already done by the doc team.

All of this "don't step on our toes" stuff will lead to tension which is
simply not there. I am convinced that any posts on the marketing team
forum which give the impression that the marketing team is out to create
new documentation do not represent the consensus of the team, and simply
represent exploratory discussion.

I think we can look forward to a good relationship between these two
teams!

Matt
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]