Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was involved in some discussions yesterday about coming up with some
> ideas of how to mark the Feisty release in a unique and interesting way.
> The idea is that the community could do something interesting, attention
> grabbing and potentially wacky that will not only show off the community
> but also mark a new Ubuntu release.
>
> There were two distinctive ideas which I think are goers:
>
>  * Show Your Ubuntu - encourage our users and community to take a
> picture of themselves holding the Ubuntu logo in variety of different
> situations and scenarios.
>
>  * The Big Ubuntu Logo Competition - set a challenge for the community
> to photograph the biggest Ubuntu logo or circle of friends that they
> can. This can involve people constructing logos in a variety of ways, so
> long as the core aspects of the logo are present.
>
> I just wanted to get your thoughts and ideas. :)

A very 'moving' possibility:

starting from a video type of idea (mentioned elsewhere in this
thread), I wondered whether the Ubuntu hands holding picture format
could be capitalised upon for a *multitude* of people - faces
superimposed  - in sequence and sequenced as a sort of simple animation.

If faces were sent in a sort of standard format and size, they could
be superimposed onto the hand holding picture in position for a brief
time (1/2 second?) and sequenced around the circle once before taking
their place in the (very very very long) queue of pictures - ther eare
a lot of ubuntu users!

This publicity web site picture would be in effect a pseudo animated
picture. Each owner of a face (users) would be pleased to see
themselves appear, but we would all have to wait a long time to see a
particular face - the idea being we are legion!

Human and humanity appears because faces will be international global.
And the picture is strongly associated with Ubuntu.

The more I think about this the more I like it. Each user only has to
send a face photo. Central software with the hand holding picture (or
similar) is organised and publicised, and the faces 'queue' is
centrally held and managed.

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391