[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> #Corey Burger wrote:
> #I don't see any issues with attaching specific news to a specific
> #language UWN. However, it would be nice to have it on the English
> #version first.
> #
> #Corey
>
> Corey ,i think it will become not a good idea. The german kubuntu team
> likes to add local news too. And I can't see any sense in having a
> ubuntu weekly  newsletter stuffed with dates and places who aren't from
> any interest for the readers. Important local news should make it to the
> original nwesletter, but who's interested in say, a releaseparty
> somewhere in the black forrest.? (beside the locals)
>
> mindspin

Putting things like seemingly minor local events in the original UWN can
and does inspire other teams and give them ideas. I advise every LoCo to
feed back general happenings to the greater community. Even if you feel
it is not important enough to put on the UWN, please at least feed it to
the LoCo upstream that is the LoCo Contacts mailing list [0].

But, as with everything, discretion is the key, especially since we do
have the unwritten obligation to keep the newsletter at a readable length.

Sincerely
Melissa Draper

http://www.meldraweb.com

Phone: 0404 595 395