On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 18:50 +0600, Vid Ayer wrote:
> On 5/8/07, Gerry Carr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > My name is Gerry Carr and I am the new Senior Marketing Manager for

Hi there!

> > There is a draft of the wording which I have put on the wiki here:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingUbuntuLive2007Invite?highlight=%28marketing%29
>
> Could you jazz up the wiki page a wee bit more.
> - The sessions /speakers and topics part is one paragraph and is
> difficult to read.
> - Probably use bullets and keep it crisp, easy to read and find info.
> - Provide posters to the US loco teams to publicise it at their
> colleges/community LUG's.

Agreed. I'd also like to add that what struck me when I first skimmed
through is that there's a bit too much emphasis on the "save money"
aspect; which may be especially noticeable in a community where pretty
much everything is free. "Save $150" is mentioned 3 times, when I only
feel once is necessary; the first and last mentions being probably the
most superfluous.

It also seems to have a large amount of listing going on, which I guess
is what Vid meant by "difficult to read". Maybe going into more detail
is appropriate, or are we just looking at a brief announcement?

Finally, I feel the language overall is well thought out, and definitely
sets the lively tone we're wanting. My criticism is only such as I think
that getting the right message across in the right manner is crucial, no
matter what the product.

Good work and welcome once again,

Toby