> Yes, well that may be just because that other software has too many
> flaws to list ;)
>
> More seriously, I do still feel that in persuading others to switch,
> they need to know what to expect. Leaving the bitter aftertaste of
> disappointment is not what we want to do, if Ubuntu didn't do something
> they wanted. Nonetheless, I do agree that we do need to market on
> strengths, but we don't need to do that overwhelmingly. We want them to
> try the software, and be overwhelmed by how good they find it, keeping
> them using it.

That's true enough. We did think about this.

The best I can come up with (with my marketing cap on) is to offer a
sturdy support network for people willing to give Ubuntu a chance. I
think we do this quite well with launchpad and the community
involvement, but it's also why I thought it'd be important to add a
personal email to the end of the article.

In imagine that in the context of what was written for the first
article, it'd act as a motivator for people to find out more about
Ubuntu. They probably wouldn't immediately erase Windows and switch
wholesale over to Ubuntu without giving it a go first. I suppose it's
quite a complicated issue. Where do we stop and how much do we say?

Cheers

Chris