> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to send you the YouTube links to the Canonical Server Edition
> adverts.
> It's running in the US for the next 3 weeks on some business and
> IT-related sites.
>
> I would be curious to see what you think and any ideas you might have
> for what else might be easier than it first appears or something else
> you might do in the office while the server hums away.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMlCeDu-0c&feature=related
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6L51uZjaZU&feature=related
>
> Landing Pages
>
> www.canonical.com/troublefree
> www.canonical.com/easier
> www.canonical.com/ready
>

> There is a third I am still waiting on it appearing on YouTube so keep
> an eye out for it.
>
> Thanks
>
> gerry

Whilst I'm glad that Canonical have cottoned on to idea of video
marketing (I'm a bit of a proponent myself!), I can't help be but a
wee bit disappointed at the quality of the videos.  The end titles
look a little bit like they were made on Impress or Powerpoint, and
the video segments seem a little amateurish.

The problem is, if the video looks like you made it yourself it's
going to look like you haven't got the cash to pay for a proper
advertising campaign. This isn't the impression you want to give to
people. You're asking them to trust your server operating system to
run their businesses.... Not good.....

Chuck a few quid at the problem and employ a media company. You might
even be able to encourage a University to put some media students on
task with this. If you want help from the community side of things
trying to get something like this set up, give me a shout. I'm sure
there are others here who'd help out too. There may even be media able
people reading the list. I suggested a competition a while ago in the
'Ubuntu Viral Video' thread.

Check out these Linux video ads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-329Czokjk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIWjK5E62qA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwL0G9wK8j4

Can't we create something with a little more impact?

Please don't treat this as me slating what you've done. I think its a
good beginning, I just think we can do better ;-)

Chris