Hello everybody,

Last week (06-12-2007) we had the first edition of the free software
symposium at The Hague University / engineering department in Rijswijk,
The Netherlands.
http://tirijswijk.nl/howtoitem.php?id=48
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ConferenceAppearances

With more then 150 people and good guest speakers with presentations we
spread the word about free software and it surrounding philosophy and
issues.

I think the day was a success. With the presentation and discussion
sessions, and the mixed Ubuntu and Fedora Linux stand, We spread the
word and more then 60 Ubuntu CD's (all I had). We also spread a lot of
Fedora CD's and gave nice Linux demonstrations on the demo systems.

Hopefully next year we can redo the event and attract a even bigger
audience.

Hopefully next time I will not have so much trouble getting some
marketing materials because this time it was a real pain in the ass.
However I was very happy to see the Ubuntu CD's arrive
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAtConferences

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong