yes they made me change my original name which was ourbuntu. They were
very enthused that I created this site but that the buntu part of my site
name was on of their trademarks and that they could not grant permission
since the policy clearly states they will not do so for commercial type
sites..

I kept it similar to ubuntu not because of trying to steal or confuse but
simply because the site is more focused on ubuntu computers rather than
just general linux systems... I wanted that to be clear from the door.

I did this because I believe in ubuntu, I also believe if new users are
going to be looking for linux machines they will want an ubuntu machine
first.

There are a massive amount of sites on the internet that break Ubuntu's
trademark policy just with their domain names... no site can have ubuntu
or buntu in their site name and make money off of their website or
business.. Yet this is done constantly but individuals sooo i'm not quite
sure why i'm catching so much heat.

just one of the thousands examples of this is http://www.ubuntugeek.com/

sincerely,
ronnie