Hi,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Craig A. Eddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     I find it unusual that you wouldn't post the meeting information
>  in a location that one would expect.  Normally, meeting information is
>  posted to the Fridge.  From there, it's picked up by the Ubuntu Weekly
>  Newsletter.  People involved in numerous Teams know to look on the
>  Fridge for information concerning meeting dates, times and locations.
>  Instead, you post it on a Google Calendar.

I think the tone of your response was way over the top. Yes, the
meeting time should have been posted to the Fridge, but the marketing
list was sent a clear message with the meeting information and a
reminder of it... I am pretty sure that the majority of those
interested were aware of it.

A friendly nudge to post the meeting time to the Fridge would have been enough.

>     Google Calendar.  I can't even begin to think of one good reason
>  for using that.  Right off the bat, to use it, you have to accept
>  Google-analytics.  I don't accept Google-analytics.  At all.  Ever.  I
>  do not believe that anyone should have the right to follow me around
>  and see where I go just so they can try to sell me something that I
>  don't want.  That's even more invasive than the telemarketer that
>  calls you just as you sit down to dinner, after a long and
>  exceptionally hard day at work.  It's more abusive than the
>  overly-religious person who really doesn't know you, but follows you
>  around expounding on all the things you do that are wrong.  It's more
>  ridiculous than the micro-managing boss that wants to know everything
>  that you do, and takes exception to all of it. It's as wrong as the
>  Operating System that continually phones home to let it's master know
>  what you have for software, and deletes anything that it feels isn't
>  appropriate (i.e. isn't made by that company).  I don't DO Google
>  Calendar.  Period.

With such a violent disagreement with Google Analytics, be sure to
avoid using the Ubuntu website, wiki and help website.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org