I have become aware that Edubuntu 8.04 no longer offers a 'Live CD'. I
do know that it is a simple matter to install Ubuntu and then the
Edubuntu desktop etc  and the add on CD now offered makes that easy too.

However, from a 'Marketing' point of view, the loss of a demonstrable
item such as a Live CD is rather sad.

A Live CD can be displayed as an item in its own right. It can be
handed out to parents, and teachers. It has a credibility - that an
organised and persistent Team is behind the 'Product'.

I regularly display on a non trading basis at local computer fairs
(monthly) and although it is true that most of the interest is around
K/Ubuntu, there is regular comment and question about Edubuntu.

Education, in UK anyway, is almost wall to wall microsoft, and I would
like to remind the Edubuntu team (and others) how useful the Live CDs
are for credible marketing.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391