alan c wrote:
> I am in the market now, for a desktop and would like it to have been a
> Dell, supporting Ubuntu and Dell too. However, I have looked in detail
> this morning and it seemed expensive compared to the windows stuff, so
> I did a detail comparison, twice, just to be sure.

Hi Alan,

Recently we needed a new laptop for our company. I too would have liked
to buy Dell but they didn't have the right product/price.

The best firm we came across in the UK is Novatech. Take a look at their
on-line shop. You can select no OS with any box they sell. And you see
what the true cost of the M$ tax is...

I wrote about this on my blog too!
http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/01/29/microsofts-fixed-rate-tax-approaches-100/

Cheers