I think it'd be the marketing team that is responsible for promoting ubuntu
as a whole, but the responsibility also falls on the LoCo teams, so in this
case Ubuntu-UK would be part of this.  165 Million australian dollars is a
truckload of money, and I don't know where the Ubuntu community would get
such money to promote the software...

Maybe Mark's good for it, I don't know...

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 6:40 AM, John Botscharow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> That is what I was thinking as well. The questions then become
> "Can we get Canonical involved in this?"
> "How do we approach them on this?"
> "How can the marketing team help?"
>
> Or alternatively, can those willing to pursue this get the necessary
> commitment from Canonical or whoever to provide the support - technical
> - we need? And do we need to be some "corporate" entity to do this or do
> we have access to some entity willing to be the front for this?
>
> On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 12:05 -0700, Paul Bartell wrote:
> > I think canonical would need to make such a commitment. What Becta
> > wants is support, and someone to blame if something goes wrong. They
> > want it to just work. They also want an easy to use server
> > administration interface, which for the most part doesnt exist. if
> > Canonical would hire someone to work on such a thing, it would
> > probably make it possible for them to also pitch a solution to Becta.
> >
> > from the article, it looks like they might already be in talks.

> > > Another one sent from the wrong email address
> > >

> > > Matthew,
> > >
> > > Ubuntu has an excellent OPPORTUNIY, yes, but unless WE take some action
> > > to actually submit a "solution" to Becta, we've accomplished nothing. I
> > > would like to know, as a newbie, who is responsible for doing this sort
> > > of thing? the marketing team? And how do I get in touch with them,
> > > because I'f like to help with this.
> > >
> > > Getting a piece of this contract - 80M English pounds - would put a
> > > serious dent in Microsoft's marketing share and position Ubuntu to give
> > > BigBlue some serious competition in other parts of the world -
> including
> > > Australia and even the US.
> > >
> > > Steps like this is how we fix Bug #1!!!!
> > >
> > > Peace!
> > >
> > > John Botscharow
> > > http://jbotscharow.com
> > >

> > > --
> > >

> --

Matthew Rossi

I am for Macs, and the open source scene, are you?

The Penguin Central Podcast - http://penguincentral.unixpod.com

Everything you can imagine is real.
Pablo Picasso
Spanish Cubist painter (1881 - 1973)