> Instead we'd be discussing concrete actionable projects that need to be
> done to help people like you and the LoCos do a better job of marketing
> Ubuntu0

Ok. Let's start then!

Please read carefully every link I have added. The way I see it we need to
establish a starting point:

Make[0] SpreadUbuntu[1] a reality[2] for all[3] the[4] right[5] reasons[6].
The community is crying for this or something similar to happen and has for
a long[7] time[8]. If you ask me this is true for almost every single Team
and LoCo [9] I have ever had anything to do with[10].

Just today I was discussing with people here in Oslo about spreading (as in
marketing/selling) ubuntu and the lack of a material and guide resource
and/or of proper managed campaigns makes it difficult to get started and get
more people joining us in the marketing effort. In Ecuador, the same. Lack
of existence of such a central marketing place with localized (as in
translated) material gives people a hard time "selling" ubuntu to the mass
public.

You can, of course, go happy haunting and find a lot of material, but
managing those resources in an organized manner (as in using something
different than google and more like a easy access site) would make
everybody's life easier and marketing (and hence accelerating the adoption
of) Ubuntu and helping the global community a task easier to work with for
all of us.

So please, consider the REAL issues at stake here and before you answer DO
something, anything. Show what you want with ACTION! Actions speak louder
than words.

I rather see a 5-minutes mock up and effort than more talking in circles
about the same old thing: We do not agree on everything and we never will,
but we can still cooperate with each other.

Let's get started...

Next time I write to this list I will have something. Will you?

Best regards,

Rubén.
https://launchpad.net/~huayra

[0] And yes, get inspired by the best people in FLOSS at it:
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/ and creative voices between our community:
http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2008/public/schedule/detail/2674
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Projects/SpreadUbuntu
[2] http://www.spreadubuntu.com