The most effective way to reach out to people is to include other
users of Free SOftware and work together in a community model.

That way you can gain synergies from each other and eventually
commercial backing will come around.

The Ubuntu community gets a lot of help from Canonical as marketing
material (CDs, packs for events/conferences), but no direct comercial
founding is available AFAIK.

It seems that you are organizing the Local Community which is a good
first step: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NigeriaTeam

There seems to be a LUG of some sort. Would be worth to check out
this: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ng_linux/

I would recommend getting up your LoCo team infrastructure by
following this guide: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto

General question about LoCo teams can be directed to the LoCo team
contact list: loco-conta...@lists.ubuntu.com

A resource with some Ubuntu Material can be found here:
http://spread.ubuntu.ec

Good luck with your work in Nigeria!

best regards,

Ruben R.