> Hi Jacob,
>
> Well done for taking the lead on this project. Whilst I know people
> are discussing the pros and cons of putting up sites like this, I
> think it's admirable that someone is just getting on and doing it.
> Keep going!
>
> 2008/12/31 Jacob F. Roecker <ja...@roeckerfam.com>:
> > Here's what I need:
> >
> > Get every Ubuntu user you know to sit behind their webcam (or some other
> > digital camera) and say "Hi, I'm (name), and I am Ubuntu"  Variations of
> > this are also acceptable, but should be sent in addition to the basic
> > version.
> >

> Whilst I appreciate that webcams are one very easy way to do it, it
> might be nice to get some videos that are made "out and about". People
> on trains, buses, walking the dog, in a bar/restaurant, basically
> anywhere "normal" (whatever that means) people go. One thing you'll
> note about the Microsoft adverts is that you don't see many people sat
> _at_ a PC. Do we really want a hundred videos of pasty faced poorly
> lit low res nerds? :)  (Note I include myself in that)
>
> Many people have mobile phones and digital stills cameras which can do
> short video clips, some can even do decent quality video ;)
>
> Just a suggestion to diversify the video that you get.
>
> > Possible variations include this example for my daughter:  "Hi, I'm
> Eliza.
> > I'm 7 years old, and I am Ubuntu."  Those from other parts of the world
> may
> > want to use something like this:  "Hi, I'm (name) from (place), and I am
> > Ubuntu."
> >

> "other parts of the world"?
>
> Surely everyone is from an 'other' part of the world relative to
> everyone else? I'd say you choose one or the other phrase for
> consistency but don't make the assumption that if someone doesn't say
> where they are from, they're from where you are.
>
> I'll certainly submit a video or two :)
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Hi there,

I agree with Al, well done for just cracking on and doing it :-)

In the MS adverts I notice that the people making the videos have included a
little bit about themselves in it too. Perhaps it'd be a nice idea if some
submissions could go along the line of.....

"I am Ubuntu and I arrest criminals......." (for example showing a policeman
with his laptop)
"I am Ubuntu and I predict the weather......" (for example showing someone
at a university using Ubuntu to run a research project)

You get the general idea... I'm just a bit worried that saying I am <insert
name here> and I am Ubuntu might get a bit repetitive. I think that people
might be more interested in what people are/do than in what that person's
name is.

What do you think?

Chris