Hi,
When marketing our product, usage of our competitor's name should be
avoided. By doing so, we would be giving publicity to them at our
effort.( even though we may be giving negative publicity to them, but,
negative and positive are frame dependent or subjective and it may turn
against us).

When it comes to free software. GNU website defines it like this.

freedom0: The freedom to run the program, for any purpose.
freedom1: The freedom to study how the program works, and change it to
make it do what you wish .
freedom2: The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your
neighbor .
freedom3: The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to
others.

Our UBUNTU respects all these freedoms.

Warmest regards
Shankara