On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 01:16:46PM -0300, Adilson Oliveira wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman escreveu:
>
> > This is a great start!  I made a few adjustments to it, mostly formatting
> > and editing for clarity.
> >
> > The next step on this front is to automate as much of this as possible:
> >
> > - Create a script for setting up the chroot and ship it in an appropriate
> >   package
> >
> > - Bundle the hildon-desktop script in the hildon-desktop package
> >
> > Keep eliminating steps until the procedure is dead easy.
> >

> I was thinking about having a second meta-package that prepares the
> enviromment (chroot, new user, create start script {if not bundled into
> hildon-desktop}, etc) and also after installs ubuntu-mobile that would
> take care of the packages and deppendencies. Too strange?

It's quite awkward to have a package which installs other packages into a
chroot when it is installed.  It's better to provide a package which
contains a tool allowing the user to do this (especially since they may want
more than one chroot).

It looks like project-builder should be usable for this, as it seems to
provide a non-interactive command-line interface as well as the interactive
one.

--
 - mdz