Will it ever be possible to take the Gutsy Install CD and use it to
install the full Gutsy directly on a Menlow (e.g. Crown Beach)
platform's hard disk drive? This is a different usage scenario from
using a Menlow image created with moblin image-creator.

The reason I ask is that I've got an engineer who tried this usage
scenario using the Tribe 4 CD and the install crashed in the middle.
(I'd guess it was because the install CD may not be using the UME kernel
which would cause problem on a Crown Beach.) I think we can accommodate
his needs for installing full Gutsy on a Menlow system with
image-creator, by either providing him with custom FSets (or showing him
how to create them) for creating menlow images which will suite his
needs. But I wanted to pick the collective brain on this type of usage
scenario.

+=+=+
Rob Rhoads                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Architect
Open Source Technology Center    Office: 503-712-6675
Software Solutions Group         mobile: 971-533-2451
Intel Corporation
Hillsboro, Oregon  USA