Levinson, Aaron N escreveu:
> It appears that the problem stems from having a VNC viewer connected to
> the display.  When I encountered the problem, I was accessing my desktop
> via a VNC viewer.  This was the cause of the KeyPress/KeyRelease pairs,
> and when I hold down a key on the actual keyboard connected to the
> desktop without a VNC viewer connected, I am seeing the behavior that I
> expect.  If a VNC viewer is connected to the display (that is, x11vnc is
> running on :0), the problem also occurs even if a key is pressed on the
> actual keyboard connected to the desktop.  Once the remote VNC viewer is
> disconnected, the problem goes away, and it will start up again when a
> remote VNC viewer is reconnected.  This latter part seems pretty odd,
> but perhaps the VNC server (x11vnc) is doing something to alter the
> behavior of the X server when a VNC viewer is connected.

Aaron, It's a long shot but maybe you could try to find some clues here:
http://www.nomachine.com/sources.php
I used to work for this company long time ago, exactly handling foreign
protocols loke VNC and RDP and I don't recall to have done anything
about this on VNC code but if the problem is there, this surely was
handled by NX in some way.

[]s

Adilson.