-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bryce
Harrington
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 4:38 PM
To: ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Failures packaging Psb gfx driver / libdrm

I attempted to get the Psb driver updated to the latest from moblin.org,
but without success.  The way these packages are put together, it is
very difficult to port the changes to Ubuntu.

The principle problem is libdrm.  The changes required for -psb are
packages as a patch, however it fails to apply against Ubuntu's libdrm,
and is too large and time consuming to manually take apart and apply in
pieces.

By the size of the libdrm patch, it appears that the objective is to
rebase the libdrm to a newer version.  Since many of the files being
added by this patch are already in Ubuntu's libdrm, this is leading to a
lot of conflicts.  I think the only solution would be to generate a
similar patch, but against ubuntu.  Can someone who has access to
this newer version of the tree please send me a patch built against
ubuntu's libdrm?

Some other questions:

The libdrm tree on moblin.org has been incrementing the debian package
number (e.g. 2.3.0-6 instead of 2.3.0-4psb2).  I'm able to work around
this, but it would be better to adjust the versioning procedures to use
the latter numbering scheme.  Rob/Jacob, would this be possible?

The changes to libdrm result in it being a forked dependency for -psb,
which makes packaging updates of -psb more involved and time consuming.
To fix this, the changes to libdrm really should be pushed upstream.

Is there a person responsible for doing this?  What is the status?

The -psb package is forcing an overwrite of xserver's libexa with -psb's
local version.  This seems like a dangerous and brittle solution to the
EXA 2.2 issue.  Do you really want this hack ported for the Ubuntu -psb
package?

Bryce