Hey,

Sorry for the delayed response. My thought about using DBUS to do the
detection is that doesn't that run for every instance of the user's
login shell? The use case I'm thinking of here is if hildon-desktop is
running on X on the computer's monitor, and you're also running X GUI
apps via X forwarding over SSH. Then conceivably the app would detect
that hildon was running, and enable/disable features accordingly...
which would not be the desired behavior, especially if you were running
your remote X sessions on OSX or Windows. Or, do I have a misconception
about how that works? Thanks.

Dustin

--
Innovation is just a problem away